About Us

About Us

PREFACE:
 
In order to immortalize the memory of Seth Sir Chhaju Ram a great philanthropist and altruist of his time, Chhaju Ram Memorial Jat College was established in 1967. However, the seed of this institute had already been sown way back in 1926 in pre-independence era, when monumental building of Jat High School was got built by him in memory of his son, Adit Kumar. Seth Chhaju Ram Ji (1865-1943) hailed from village Alakhpura in district Bhiwani. He was concerned about the illiteracy among ruralites. Consequently, he thought of disseminating education among the countryside people by establishing this school at an estimated cost of Rs. 4 Lakh, a huge amount in those days. The school started imparting education upto matriculation right from early thirties. 
 
The credit of upgrading the school into a degree college can be attributed to three late luminaries. They were founder President, late Ch. Suraj Mal Ji; General Secretary, Late Justice Davender Lamba and founder Principal, late Sh. S.S.Gill. Their contribution to the college has been an instance of rare devotion. Their tireless and continuous efforts were certainly of great help in meeting the challenges of the formative period of the college.
 
Since its inception in 1967, the college is deemed as a premier institution of Haryana. It was initially affiliated to Punjab University, Chandigarh. From the academic session 1974-75, the institution was affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. Of late, the college, along with other colleges of district Hisar, is affiliated to Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar from the session 2017-18. The college has been duly recognized by the UGC under section 2 (F) & 12 (B) for grant under UGC Act 1956 since its inception .The primary objective of the institution has been to uplift the rural youth by imparting higher education. With this purpose in mind, the college started functioning with a bare tally of 140 students in four classes, namely Prep Science, Prep Arts, B.A. and B.Sc. Having premonition about established colleges running Arts & Science faculties, the management of college introduced commerce faculty. This bold initiative gradually drove the institution towards an era of glory in the field of education. The college today is catering the needs of over 5000 students across different streams. Its central location in the town and a well fortified campus is not only facilitating to urban boys and girls but also to commuter hailing from suburban or rural areas. Since the college is situated in the vicinity of the Railway station and is also adjoining the main Delhi Highway, it accords easy access to avail of the facility of higher education.
Last Update: 08-11-2018